PURPOSE OF THE CONTEST
The Goñi and Rey Foundation will edit a disc book based on Pablo Neruda’s book of poems titled Veinte poemas de amor y una canción desesperada, put into music and sung by Ángel Corpa.
The contest is destined for students in the 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grades that live in Andalusia. The purpose of the contest is to choose the paintings that will illustrate the disc book.
A painting will be chosen for each of the following poems:
1. Niña morena y ágil
2. Puedo escribir los versos
3. Canción desesperada
4. Aquí te amo
5. Para que tú me oigas
6. Cuerpo de mujer
7. Te recuerdo como eras
8. Inclinado en las tardes
9. Abeja blanca
10. Ebrio de trementina
11. Para mi corazón
12. Me gustas cuando callas
13. En mi cielo
-The recipients of this convocation are students coursing the 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grades in Andalusia educational centers.
-Participating schools must send the registration form that is featured as Annex I, which must be mailed to the Foundation before February 28, 2014.
2. Characteristics of the works
- Each contestant may present a single original piece of work, with which they must not have participated in any other contest of similar characteristics, and it must be based on one of the poems mentioned.
- The piece may be done with any technique, except a digital one.
- The pieces must have A4 (21×29,7) or A3 (29,7×42) dimensions and may be done on paper, cardboard, or canvas.
-The piece will go signed with a pseudonym. A sealed envelope, will accompany it with the pseudonym as remitter, inside of which will be the contestant’s full identification with the information that appears on Annex II, and a certificate that proves he is coursing in the grades previously mentioned. His or her school must expedite that information.
3. Referral of the works and admission deadline
- The paintings coming from each school must sent through certified mail to the following address, which is that of the Foundation’s:
Fundación Goñi y Rey
Colegio de San Francisco de Paula
Santa Ángela de la Cruz, 11
- The deadline for submission of paintings for the contest is March 21, 2014.
- All paintings submitted will then be the Foundation’s property and will not be returned.
4. Selection Process
- Each school may submit a maximum of two paintings. In the event of having more than two contestants, the school will determine the selection process.
- The following aspects will be evaluated:
a. General aesthetic approach
b. Relationship of the elements of the plastic language with the chosen poem
- The winning works will be selected by a jury named by the Goñi and Rey Foundation. Said jury will be presided by the Foundation’s President and its Manager will be the Secretary.
- The jury’s decisions will be unappealable.
- Each winner, as well as the professor supervising their entry, will receive a copy of the disc book once it has been edited.
- The Winters of the contest will be made public through the Foundation’s website on April 23, 2014 (Book Day). It will also be communicated through e-mail to those participants whose works have been selected.
7. Editing and diffusion
- The Foundation may use the various graphic supports for the diffusion of the winning works.
- The winners will receive a diploma, which they will receive at the presentation of the disc book.
- Of the selected pieces, in the event that its elaboration process would have been accompanied by audiovisual material generated in relation to it, said material may be sent to the Foundation to diffuse through the Foundation’s webpage, after proper authorization from the author’s guardians.
- Participation in this contest implies the authorization of the participant’s parents or guardians to the Goñi and Rey foundation, so that it may publish photographs or videos